Atelier Interactive Artists Acrylic
Atelier Interactive Artists Acrylic (75ml tubes and 250ml pots)
Unlike traditional acrylics, all 75 of these Atelier Interactive colors do not suddenly form a skin. Interactive changes the painting process, giving you plenty of time to blend and rework and giving you more creative freedom. The patent-pending formulation allows even touch-dry paint to be reworked or ragged-off to blend or reveal layers. Archival quality and lightfast, the intense colors dry to a satin-like finish without a plastic look or feel and minimal color shift.
The Unique Benefits of Atelier Interactive
- Allows reblending and reworking all day. In dry conditions you will need to replace water being lost through evaporation by spraying with water from time to time.
- 75 colours are intense without a plastic look or feel.
- Paint has a smooth, buttery consistency that dries satin.
- Loses moisture gradually allowing an artist to control the drying process.
- Wet-in-Wet painting can be altered, considered or developed in the artists’ own time rather than being dictated by fast-drying paint.
- Wet-over-Dry painting can be easily integrated.
- Unresolved areas of a painting can be reworked and not just overpainted.
- Excellent for silkscreen, lino block and monotype printing processes.
- Minimal colour shift as paint dries.
- Available in 80ml, 250ml and selected 1 litre Jars.
Patent Pending on Interactive
Interactive is a world first in acrylic paints. The formulation is so unique that it is patentable.
From Atelier to Atelier ‘Interactive’
Research & Development is usually a background activity which produces gradual improvements over time. Atelier Interactive is a major change – the biggest improvement since artists’ acrylics first appeared in the 1960’s, and significant enough to be patentable. Before the release of Atelier Interactive we carried out lengthy trials to find out what the new paint was capable of. Our first major decision had to be… Should it be sold as a completely new product range, or should it be presented as a dramatic improvement of our existing Atelier Artists’ Acrylics?
The Atelier Interactive formula does so much to broaden the scope of acrylic techniques, with long painting sessions and blending which cannot be done with conventional acrylics, that we decided it should become our universal formula. By calling it Atelier Interactive and redesigning the packaging, we are alerting our existing Atelier audience to these changes. Artists need need to read the information presented in this website to get the most out of what the new paint has to offer.
It is important to know also that in gaining access to new, extended working/blending techniques, done within a time frame that you can control, that you have not lost any of the traditional fast-drying techniques you may wish to retain.