When you’re ready to explore the wonders of watercolour in Artist Journals…
Pencils, pens, and water soluble pencils are usually the first mediums we learn to manage in
our Journals but there comes a time when we desire what watercolour brings…
- Areas of stunning colour without having to make every mark
- A way to add Tonal values underneath other washes pencil lines
- Combining it with already established penciled in areas to enhance effect
- Loosely capture moments that mean something that can be refined later
- The ability to create subtle, soft washes that seamlessly blend into the background
- How to layer and apply multiple colours together
- Colour options and solutions for building tonal values
Watch as I demonstrate ‘7 Ways to Succeed’… learn what to do and what not to do. Together we wander through the mistakes most beginners make when trying this as a new medium.
Learn how to create soft, subtle edges that merge into other colours or the background, discover why some colours behave differently to others and see what overworking really does.
Splash, blend, play, explore, experiment…
Sample wet in wet, wet on dry, working fast and slow, washes,
backwashes, mixing with other mediums and making mud.
Reveal some of the mysteries and magic of this delicate and
dynamic medium. See the tips and techniques and experience
the trials and triumphs…
Take away a toolbox of ideas for future reference!
When: Saturday 16th April From 9am – 4 pm
Where: Highly Strung, Memorial Drv, Eumundi
What’s Included: Demonstrations, exercises, guidance and Workshop notes included, Morning Tea supplied
Whats Not: Lunch – either bring a plate to share for lunch or get take away in town (fridge/microwave available)
How Much: $120 for the Day or $100 if you currently attend Carolyn’s Classes or Workshops
Phone: Highly Strung on 5442 7044
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org