A2® Art Students Acrylics are specially designed for the needs of students, beginners or hobby painters without the expense of buying artists colours. A2 acrylics are especially useful during the earlier stages when they are learning how to handle paint. A good student’s paint needs to be:
- As strongly pigmented as an artist’s quality paint.
- The same in its consistency and handling as an artist’s quality paint.
A2 students acrylics meet this definition very effectively and are competitively priced because they use student quality pigments. Chroma’s A2 Art Students’ Acrylics are perfectly suited to be used with the Atelier® Range of Painting Mediums & Varnishes. The choice of colours in a range like this is important. The 20 colours in the A2 range are what we believe to be the “basics” which need to be used and understood before exploring more specialised and extended artists ranges such as Atelier, Golden or Liquitex. The 20 colours in the A2 range have been carefully matched to colours in the Atelier Professional Artists’ Quality range, so that experience in colour mixing gained by learning with A2 is not lost. Jim Cobb, Managing Director, the Chroma Group.
High Pigment Loading with a Thick Impasto Body!
- Exhilarating Colour Vibrancy
- Excellent Handling Qualities
- Exceptional Covering Power
- Exquisite Brush-Mark Retention
A2 > NEW DIRECTIONS IN ART!
- The best possible value for the serious student developing their painting skills, A2® builds confidence and experience in paint handling, by working like an artists’ quality paint.
- The same brilliance & clarity of colour as our professional Atelier® Artists’ Acrylics.
- The same high pigment loading as our Atelier® Artists’ Acrylics.
- The same acrylic binder as our professional Atelier® Artists’ Acrylics.
- The same body and consistency as our professional Atelier® Artists Acrylics with excellent brush-mark retention for oilpaint-like techniques.
- Dries to an attractive low gloss surface finish like Atelier® Artists Acrylics, emphasising colour saturation and luminosity.
- The range has been designed to provide an essential palette of 20 colours.
The use of student grade pigments ensures an affordable range with one price for all colours.