Join the Acrylic Pouring Craze
Try your hand at acrylic pouring. We have kits or you can buy the Pouring Medium (Atelier, Reeves, Liquitex) and make it yourself with acrylic colours you have on hand or buy a new set.
Do’s & Don’ts
- It is possible to get amazing “cells” by using isopropyl alcohol and a heat gun.
- You can improve your success by understanding the different weights of pigments as the heavier colours will drop through the layers to the bottom and lighter ones will rise to the surface.
- We recommend using boards for larger sized artworks due to the weight that the Pouring Medium will add.
- Watch YouTube videos from Manufacturers (see below for the Reeves video)
- We do not recommend using Floetrol, Silicone Oil, surfactants, PVA Glue or any other non-art materials as they may effect the longevity of your project as they are known to interrupt the adhesive properties of the acrylic paint and medium and unless acid-free your colours will change over time
Jasart Acrylic Pouring Set
This great set includes Acrylic Paint mixed with pouring medium.It is an easy, ready to use pour-on formula. No mixing required. Non-Toxic.
Each set contains – 6x 60ml Paints (2x whites, 1x Yellow, 1x Red, 1x Green, 1x Blue). With these colours you can mix the secondary colours (yellow+blue = green, red+blue = purple, red+yellow = orange), plus pastels (by mixing the colours with white)
Instructions for use:
- Pour multiple colours onto the surface
- Shift the surface to spread the colours, or pour multiple colours into a cup and then, pour onto surface
- 4 hours touch dry, 24 hours fully dry
- Clean while wet with soap and water
Reeves Pre-Mixed Acrylic Pour Paint Sets
This great set includes Acrylic Paint mixed with pouring medium. Easy, ready to use pour-on formula. No mixing required. 4x 100ml Paints PLUS bonus 100ml pouring cup.
4 different colour assortments. Satin Finish. Water Based. Non Toxic.
Instructions of use:
- Shake well before use.
- Pour colours directly onto the surface or layer multiple colours into a cup and then pour onto the surface.
- Shift or swirl the surface to spread the colours.
- 4 hours touch dry, 24 hours dried.
- Sealer can be applied after 24 hours.
- Clean with soap and water.
- Always test on a small area before applying to entire surface.
- Drop sheet and disposable gloves are recommended during painting process.
NOTE: Do not add any water in paints or mixing cups as this will result in the paints cracking after drying.
Reeves Acrylic Pouring Medium + Paints
Want to control the whole process – use Reeves Pouring Medium (500mls) + Reeves Acrylic Paints
Click here for the Reeves Pouring Medium video
Liquitex Pouring Medium
For smooth puddles and pools of color, graphic stripes, otherworldly effects and wet-look drips, you’ll want to try pouring.
We have tested a variety of brands and this is without the best quality – it does not become cloudy and it is the right consistency!
Pouring larger pieces work best on boards